ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
Order by phone
If you are looking for a clean stepped random stop reading now. This module was designed with the intention of forcing other modules to sound like glitchy/garbage/grotesque noise.
When triggered, the Deviant outputs a random voltage between the ranges set by Top and Bottom knobs respectively (-5v to 5v). Both Top and Bottom have bipolar CV inputs, allowing the user to modulate the window of voltages.
To continue in the Moffenzeef ethos of kraptastik electronics, there is no DAC on the output of the Deviant. Instead, a simple RC filter is controlled by the "Smooth" knob allowing the user to dial in the amount of noise, and the overall slew of the output.
The design relies heavily on the gnarly sound of the PWM carrier frequency emitted from the brain of the module which injects itself into whatever you plug the Deviant into. When plugged into parameters expecting hard edges (a la Specimen on GMO, or rotate on a 4ms module) the Deviant will make the target glitch subtly which adds krispidy krunchidy klix n' pops.
If plugged into an audio rate source like a VCO or VCF, the carrier frequency gives the target a mild timbral shift reminiscent of ring mod.
This module pairs nicely with drum modules where the user wants to dial in subtle variations in timbre upon each triggering of the drum.
- Width: 10hp
- Mounting depth: 20mm
- Current draw: 40 ma +12v / 20 ma -12v / 0 ma +5v
- 100k input impedance
- 1k output impedance
- Separate control of top and bottom range of random voltages
- Bipolar CV inputs for top and bottom range of random voltages
- Slew per channel
- Ch. 1 normalized to Ch. 2 for two channels of random from a single trigger source
- Open source: users can hack and flash code from our Github
- Low resolution and noisy output: a characterized take on a classic technique
|Module Type||Random Voltage Generator Module|
|Dimensions (mm)||50 x 40 x 120|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at email@example.com
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS