The Alesis 3632 Compressor builds on the popular design and features of its predecessor. This easy-to-use unit provides two independent full-featured compressor/ limiters in one compact rack space with excellent sonic quality for any application from studio recording to live sound or broadcast.
The 3632's compressor attack and release times can be automatically set dependent on the source material, or full manual control can be exercised. The unit can function as either two separate processors, or stereo linked to provide true stereo compression. An adjustable expander/gate and very low distortion Voltage Control Amplifiers (VCA) deliver smooth sound.
A sidechain function allows the 3632 Compressor to be placed in an external effects loop, while a second, internal sidechain employs a switchable low-cut filter to help control pumping due to heavy low-frequency content. LED meters on each channel display gain reduction and input/output levels.
Capable of delivering a far more musical natural sounding and sonically transparent compression than competitive units in its class, the Pro VLA II uses an Opto-electronic circuit rather than the more typical design VCA driven level detection circuit. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II the ideal dynamic control device for critical audio applications.
Exceptional signal integrity with extremely low noise and low distortion is achieved in the Pro VLA II by utilizing a transformerless design throughout.
Unlike typical compression units that use Voltage Controlled Amplifiers (VCA's) to handle level detection, the Pro VLA II's Opto-electronic design allows a far more transparent and musical sounding compression without sounding aggressive or un-natural. This Vactrol based optical electronic circuitry is the basic component of the classic highly sought after compressors of past.
The Vactrol design allows the Pro VLA II to react to audio signal in much the same way the eye naturally adjusts to fluctuations in light levels, smoothly, quietly and almost imperceptibly.
The Pro VLA II is a soft knee leveling amplifier by design. Although capable of providing dramatic compression effects, the Pro VLA II was designed to excel in any application where transparent, expressively musical dynamics control is desired.
Large highly visible backlit analog VU meters accurately display input and output levels while extremely fast 10-segment LED's display gain reduction. For added functionality, the LED's display either average level for mastering & mixing applications or peak hold for monitoring individual sources when tracking audio.
XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced inputs and outputs are provided to ensure the Pro VLA II can connect with any audio source or hardware. A +4 dBu/-10 dBu mode switch optimizes the Pro VLA II I/O for either consumer or professional equipment.
Here are just a few of the MDX4600's outstanding capabilities:
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) - provides program-adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression
- Enhancer - lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail - without raising overall volume
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) - combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks
- De-Esser - "must-have" tool with switchable male/female voice recognition for reducing sibilance, while preserving natural voice timbre - often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc.
- Side Chain - allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specific frequencies - also often used to "tighten up" tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum)
- Stereo Couple - links 1/2 and 3/4 channels, allowing dials and switches of Channels 1 and 3 to provide dynamics control over Channels 2 and 4, respectively (true stereo processing)
The MDX4600 features amazingly-accurate, 8-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 14 " Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX4600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features - the MDX4600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows - and an absolute "must-have" for your studio!
An enhancer on each channel helps restore high frequencies under heavy compression.
Also useful for protecting loudspeakers by curtailing the output once it reaches a preset threshold level.
The gate helps to reduce noise in silent passages.
The DBX 166XS brings a completely new level of compressor/gate performance within everyones reach. It uses advanced gate circuitry to yield ultrasmooth release characteristics, no matter how complex the signals. The stereo couple mode with True RMS power summing produces a solid image, even with high compression. Full sidechain functionality. With Hard Knee or OverEasy compression algorithms.
The 266xs is the latest in a long line of the world's most successful compressors from the inventors of the technology. Its patented Over-easy compression technology provides smooth and musical performance while the Auto-Dynamic attack and release controls, found only on dbx compressors, puts great sound within easy reach. The compressor can operate in either stereo or dual mono modes, has true RMS power summing and features quality XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs. Gain reduction metering and easy to read backlit switches are also included, to provide you with all the visual feedback you need to see what the compressor is doing.
- Variable gate with threshold control per channel
- Bypass switch allows instant comparison of original sound with processed sound
- Precise 4-digit LED gain reduction meters
- +4 dB/-10 dB selector switch for internal level adjustment
- Inputs and outputs via balanced XLR connectors and 6.3 mm jacks
- Rack installation, 1 U