Tascam DR100 MkIII Portable Digital Audio Recorder
ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
TASCAM's top-of-the-line Handheld Digital Recorder, the DR-100mkIII boasts a signal-to-noise ratio exceeding 100dB, delivering the best audio performance in the history of TASCAM portable stereo recorders. Designed to meet the needs of the most demanding audio designers and engineers, this new model combines robust reliability, an updated user interface and studio quality sonic performance to deliver a truly breath-taking audio experience.
The DR-100mkIII features dual AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture, providing both high sound quality and low power consumption, achieving a signal-to-noise ratio of 102dB. The DR-100mkIII uses two independent AK4558 ADC converters. By eliminating interference between left and right channels, signal-to-noise ratio is maximized and audio fidelity is improved. In addition, each of those AD converters can work in a Dual ADC mode. The two AD converters work in tandem then combine their results for a 109dB S/N ratio, beating the (already excellent) 102dB S/N ratio achieved when recording in standard mode. Note: As the S/N ratio when recording exceeds the S/N ratio of the entire circuit, data recorded in dual mono ADC mode will be limited to a 102dB S/N ratio when played back on the DR-100mkIII. This does not affect the S/N ratio of the actual file, which is maintained at 109dB S/N.
The XLR/TRS inputs, used to connect external mics, deliver the highest sound quality and lowest noise of any TASCAM Handheld Digital Recorder. HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps are also included to maintain a pristine audio signal path throughout. The TASCAM DR-100mkIII is a newly designed microphone housing for the directional mics is based on exhaustive research of previous TASCAM handheld recorders and achieves the perfect marriage of protection and performance. Similarly, the omnidirectional stereo microphone setup features a sound pressure level tolerance of 125dB SPL - able to withstand virtually any audio environment.
The TASCAM DR-100mkIII supports high definition recording at both 96kHz/24bit and 192kHz/24, ensuring that remote recordings achieve the same sonic fidelity as their studio-born counterparts. With a dual battery structure that features a built-in high-capacity lithium-ion battery as well as with hot-swappable AA batteries, operation is possible for extended periods of time and is ready to go when you are. Additionally, the DR-100mkIII can be rapidly charged by connecting an AC adapter and even support USB Bus power from an external battery pack commonly used to charge mobile phones and tablets.
TASCAM's exclusive Dual Level Recording function simultaneously records a secondary backup file at a lower gain level than the primary recording. This safety file, recorded at a 12db lower level protects your recording session from unexpected volume spikes and accidental overload. Marrying light weight with long-term reliability, the TASCAM DR-100mkIII's tough aluminium body ensures many years of trouble-free use. The precision of the built-in clock is crucial when digital recordings made on what device are to be used in conjunction with materials recorded on other devices, such as when combining digital audio and video assets. To ensure stability, the DR-100mkIII utilizes the same Temperature-Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) used in professional studio master recorders. Moreover, the TCXO is not affected by the temperature of the environment, critical for a portable device which must maintain its precision in support of high-quality recording.
Used in a variety of combinations, depending upon the selected function, the DR-100mkIII features dual AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture, providing both high sound quality and low power consumption, achieving a signal-to-noise ratio of 102dB. When working on location, decisions must be made quickly and efficiently, and an intuitive and consistent User Interface is critical. By gathering feedback from users of the original DR-100 and the mkII, we have been able to add a variety of usability enhancements designed to streamline workflow and help audio professionals achieve success quickly and efficiently.
The user interface has been designed to maximize visual confirmation, and includes a large LCD screen (double the size of the screen on the DR-100mkII), dedicated status LEDs for features such as record levels and status and easy-to-read legends on the casework. Dedicated hardware controls have been implemented for the most commonly accessed features to enable quick, positive operation in the field. Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both uncompressed WAV(BWF) and MP3 files. This provides the user with instant access to both the original, full resolution master file and a compressed MP3 file (with a much smaller file size) for easy emailing or posting to social media sites.
- AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture deliver a S/N ratio of 102dB
- Dual mono mode, using independent AK4558 converters for both the left and right channels, provides a S/N ratio of 109dB
- External microphones supported with XLR/TRS inputs and built-in low-noise HDDA mic preamps
- Onboard dual (directional/omnidirectional) stereo microphones with integrated shockmounts deliver flexible recording options while retaining professional quality audio performance
- Supports up to 192kHz/24bit recording
- Dual battery structure allows the built-in high-capacity lithium-ion battery to be used along with 2 AA batteries
- AA batteries may be replaced during operation (when using the lithium-ion battery) delivering hours of uninterrupted recording
- TASCAM’s unique Dual Level recording function allows simultaneous recording of a backup file at a lower gain level
- Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
- Locking XLR/TRS combo jacks made by Amphenol
- Tough aluminum body to deliver years of reliable use
- High-precision clock featuring a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
- The user interface has been designed to provide clear visual feedback, and includes both a large LCD screen and dedicated status LEDs
- Select hardware switches for quick and positive setting control
|Dimensions (mm)||80 x 155 x 35|
|Inputs||2x XLR combo jacks, 1x 1/8" / 3.5 mm S/PDIF digital input, 1x 1/8" / 3.5 mm stereo input|
|Outputs||3.5mm (1/8") Stereo mini jack|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at email@example.com
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS