- Light, Portable, Powerful
- TonePrint Enabled
- Tone Shaping Tools
- Built-in Bass Tuner
And yes it's great for practicing, easy to transport and easy on the eyes. But inside is a true tone monster.
This compact little miracle may look small, but it has tone for days. An excellent choice if you need a compact combo without you losing the body of your tone. Less weight and zero compromise on tone is the credo here. The sound is best characterized as fresh, inspiring and with nice clarity and attitude, without ever losing the rumble.
BG250-208 sports Bass TonePrint, a unique feature that lets you load signature effects into the TonePrint slot. So load any of the Bass TonePrints and off you go! You can switch between two TonePrints with the optional Switch-3 footswitch; change them on the fly or mute - whatever you need to create your tone.
TC Electronic have an ever-expanding roster of the coolest people in bass today that have given them their signature versions of TC effects, so there's bound to be a sound that inspires you!
Oh, and if you want to use some of the slots for a bit (or a lot) of dirt - go for it! They accept TC Electronic's BassDrive TonePrints as well, which range from TubeDrive - ported from the RH750 - to the crushing 'The Beast' TonePrint. This allows you to shape your sound, create your tone and basically take the TC Electronic Bass TonePrint arsenal wherever you need it to go.
They're all available for free and you can beam them directly to your BG250-208 via the ubercool free smartphone app or via the TC Electronic website if you want to use a computer.
Maybe you want TC Electronic's SpectraComp TonePrint (per string compression that totally rules) at the press of a button - that's cool too! Shaping your sound should be your decision - so TC Electronic added a set of intelligent controls that make sure you're always boosting and cutting in areas optimized for bass.
OK. So you bought the combo - what does it allow you to do? Well, it's very versatile and performs great regardless of genre because of a set of really smart controls. Turn them and just the right frequencies get a boost or cut, enabling you to sculpt truly great sounds. Plus connecting an external cabinet is not a problem if you need to fill bigger spaces with some sweet low end.
BG250-208 has a built-in tuner. How bleeping smart is that? Tune up and start your jam or practice session with the confidence your bass is perfectly in tune.
There was one reason to make RH450: making bass better. There's a dedicated bass team at TC, guys that gig, record, rehearse, live and breathe bass. So when they got a chance to finally do an amp, they built 'the best amp possible' from the ground up. The result is a compact, powerful amp with a set of features so advanced we like to think of them as Bass Amp 2.0.
Ultimate Tone Tools:
- Use the 4-band semi-parametric EQ to sculpt your basic tone. Then apply SpectraComp and/or TubeTone for the finishing touch.
- Traditional compressors tend to be controlled by the lower strings only, but with multi-band compression, you get even 'per string' compression.
- TubeTone emulates not only a tube preamp, but also the power amp section of a classic tube amp. Shockingly convincing!
- Why no one has ever done this before is simply beyond us. Adding an onboard chromaitic tuner makes life so much easier for everyone!
- The tuner is always on, and you can check your tuning state at any point. And when you need to tune up between songs, the built-in tuner will get you back and playing in seconds. Crowds just hate to wait!
- Different situations call for different tones. Be it a change of bass, a different song/style or a different venue, you need your amp to be instantly flexible and adapt to your needs.
- You can store up to 3 different presets so you can handle whatever music might throw at you. Also, the optional RC4 footswitch allows you to instantly control your presets.
Guitarists have long been familiar with these best-selling, portable, solid-state combo amps, and now bass players can experience a taste of the legendary VOX brand with the Pathfinder Bass 10.
From the diamond grille cloth and basket-weave vinyl leather to the vintage chicken-head knobs, the Pathfinder Bass 10 loudly proclaims its VOX pedigree. This dual- speaker, deep-thumping, portable amp is ideal for the on-the-go bass player. In addition to Treble and Bass tone-shaping controls, the Bright switch offers an edgy boost to the upper harmonics. Turning up the Drive control provides a warm, bass distortion that adds character and vitality to the tone. The Pathfinder Bass 10 pumps out 10 watts into a pair of 5" VOX bulldog speakers. A headphone/line output jack is also provided for silent practice and recording.